Monday, December 27, 2010

This is the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.

Greetings to you wonderful volunteers and readers of the volunteer blog.
Glancing down at the date of the previous entry to this blog, I notice it's been a few weeks. So here goes, getting back on track.
I'm still hearing about what a great fund drive we had, and how much people enjoyed folks' "Pick 5" songs. And thanks cannot be given enough to each person who supported us and continues to support public radio in Kodiak!
December has always been an important and enjoyable month for me. As I stated before, I love Christmas and the music that comes with that. That's been the case since childhood. More recently, however, my wife and I began our courtship in December several years ago, we were married in December, my nephew (the first of the immediate family) was born in December, and now 2 more birthdays are added. On December 12, my wife gave birth to our first two children. Aldous James and Ivy Adele were born at 8:31 and 8:32 a.m. respectively, a few weeks early, but healthy as can be. They went home together 2 days later. Many thanks to the doctors, nurses, and staff at PKIMC for taking such good care of Heather, Aldous, and Ivy. So that's where my focus has been the last 2 weeks. This experience has been a vivid example of how supportive and awesome this Kodiak community is. Thanks to everyone for everything!
Many thanks to Mike, Pam, Jay, Fred, Jacob, Maggie, and you, volunteer, for picking up my slack here at the station while I was gone. I'm glad to be back at my desk and looking forward to working with you to meet your goals as a volunteer. There's now a KMXT Volunteer Twitter feed (@KMXTVolunteers), so click on over and follow for short and sweet volunteer updates.

Happy Holidays to you and your friends and family!

Matthew T

No comments: